Friday, June 26, 2009

The Adventure Continues...



I got a lot of advice and information about children when I was pregnant - which, I appreciated. In all these words of wisdom, however, no one ever told me about "the blow out." I'll spare you the graphic details, but we've had some really memorable experiences in this arena. With Tyler, motion seems to bring on these events. His car seat, the swing, his bouncy seat - these are where the explosions have occured. (I won't even get into what happened while stuck in the drive through line at McDonalds.)


This week, the greatest of "blow outs" occured as we were hurrying to get ready and out the door on Monday morning. Tyler was fed and dressed, sitting in his bouncy chair as I finished getting ready for work. When I moved his blanket to pick him up, I found him sitting in a puddle of his own pooh. I screamed, and the chaotic activity began as Craig and I rushed around stripping off Ty's clothes, rinsing things out, and bathing the boy. Once he was clean, Craig handed him to me. I wrapped him in a towel and was headed to his room to put a diaper on him when I felt a really warm, wet sensation. Ty had peed all over the front of me. Needless to say, we were all a little late getting to work that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment